Thursday, June 2, 2011

Organix Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil Penetrating Serum

The Moroccan argan oil craze is in full swing, and as a long-haired gal, I was excited to try the trend in a relatively inexpensive way to help with my dry, color-treated ends. The bottle directions suggest putting it into the ends of towel-dried hair before heat styling, and/or using it to smooth and and shine over dry hair.

I've used it both ways, and I have to say that it does what it says it should. When I used about a quarter-sized squeeze on towel-dried/brushed hair, it helped with manageability, shine, and keeping my naturally wavy hair from getting too bushy doing a rough (non-round brush) dry.

Now, a word of caution. This is NOT a pure Moroccan argan oil like the organic pure argan oil by Josie Maran, etc. This product contains dimethicone, cyclomethicone, linseed extract, among other ingredients. This argan oil blend keeps hair from becoming greasy, provided you use the recommended amount. I wouldn't use this product too close to the root, as it could definitely make you look like one of the McPoyles from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Works well whether I style straight or curly after drying. I also noticed added shine after using a straightening iron.

This is a nice, inexpensive alternative to a pure argan oil or another Moroccan oil salon product. If you're looking for shiny, manageable results, this will work. It helped make my split ends a little less noticeable, and as an added bonus, you can rub any excess oil into your cuticles or elbows. Win! The fragrance is mild but pleasant and clean-smelling. I think I paid $7 for this a few months ago, and I still have over two-thirds of the 3.3oz bottle left. Pretty great value for a product I use almost every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment