Monday, June 20, 2011

I am terrible at things.

For the eight of you that have visited this site since its inception, I apologize for my distinct lack of posting. During the day (or night,) my "real" job has been busy as it could possibly be. With corporate visits and Father's Day last week, my free time has been cut to a non-existent level. I've only had time to change from the turquoise glitter polish that I had on (Finger Paints "Laugh My Art Off") so as to not offend the president of my company. Can we talk for a minute about how difficult that was to remove? I was about to call in the mounted police and ask them to bring a belt sander. The only thing I could do was layer two coats of Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in "Commander in Chic" over the top to try to camouflage my LOUD LOUD LOUD nails. I thought "Commander in Chic" was appropriate for the president's visit, right? Get it? Moving on.

Since I've been working twelve to thirteen hour days all week long, my feet were de-stroyed. So today, as my first day off in over a week, I decided to get a mani-pedi and let someone else do the work for a change. There is a fantastic little nail salon near my apartment that does a spa mani-pedi for $40 and they have a great selection of colors, mostly OPI, then some Essie, followed by a smattering of China Glaze and today I even spied some Color Club. My pedicure was heavenly with the typical massage chair/scented fizzy salts/foot and leg massage as you would find anywhere else. I have completely forgotten the color I selected for my toes, but it is a pretty purple/fuschia hybrid from OPI.

The manicure took over an hour and it was ok. My nail tech was very thorough and took a ton of time with the application. I, of course, messed up the thumb nail before I even left the place, but they were super gracious and helped me to fix it within two minutes. Hooray for Nail.com salon!

Here's my fancy mani: OPI Yodel Me on My Cell from the Switzerland Collection. I know I'm a little late to this party, but the turquoise shimmer caught my eye from the start.



Hopefully now that the insanity is over, I'll be able to get back to more regular updating. Hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment