Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Metallic Leopard Print Nail Art

I had a small tragedy today with a bottle of China Glaze polish breaking in the large Urban Outfitters bag I keep most of my polish in, and gooping up all my cheez wiz. Lesson learned? I need to store my polish in a more secure way to avoid goopiness and breakage.

Took my puppy to the vet today also, and got some ickiness to deal with in the next few weeks, and while I am so thankful that it isn't anything serious, the stress of the day meant I needed to focus on a project. I've done a super cute free-handed leopard print nail before that was the traditional leopard colors, but this time I wanted something subtle and "fierce."

So I decided to try out a subtle, metallic leopard print nail using China Glaze polishes in order to "pour some out" for my lost CG homie. I used three coats of China Glaze "Avalanche" (a periwinkle/silver frosty metallic ) for the background color, and using a small nail art brush, I made some blobs of silver spots using China Glaze "Jitterbug" (a charcoal silver micro glitter.) After letting them dry a bit, with a coat of Seche Vite in between, I used Orly "Goth" (a semi-opaque black with silver micro glitter.)

The secret for this design, which is crazy easy by the way, is to make blobs of color that aren't uniform, then let them dry. Then when you follow up with the outlines of the spots, just make little parentheses around the colored blobs with a darker color. And shazaam! You've made a leopard print finger nail. Well done, you!

OK, on with the pictures:


Hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment